Private House, Chelsea, London SW1 (1)
- Refurbishment and extension of Grade 2 listed building in the heart of Knightsbridge for the top-end residential market.
- The house gives 10,000 sq.ft of floor area and the accommodation comprises 5 bedrooms, passenger lift, media room, guest flat, separate staff quarters and a new 2 bedroom mews house at the rear which has garaging below.
- New basement with swimming pool built under the rear patio garden, gym and steam room facilities.
- The scheme required a lot of detailed negotiation with the local authority conservation department on the retention of the existing historic features/fabric and the integration of new contemporary styled features. The interior was designed in conjunction with Anna Owens Designs.
- Client: Developer
- Project value: £2.5M approx.
Photography: Andrew Lang