Private Apartment, Onslow Gardens, Kensington, London SW7
- Amalgamation of two apartments in a Grade 2 listed building in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea along with complete refurbishment and extension of the enlarged apartment.
- The house gives 4,000 sq.ft of floor area and the accommodation comprises 4 bedrooms, kitchen/diner, reception room, formal dining room, utility, study and roof terrace.
- The scheme involved the installation of a frameless glass link into the internal lightwell of the property to open up the apartment at lower ground and ground floor level and to provide improved access to the roof terrace at first floor level.
- The project also included linking the apartment to the vaults located under the pavement to the front of the property.
- The scheme required a lot of detailed negotiation with the local authority conservation department with regards to the design of the glass link. The interior was designed in conjunction with Turner Pocock.
- Client: Private